The Republic of The Gambia
University of the Gambia Development (UTG) Project
Ministry of Higher Education Research Science and Technology (MoHERST) represented by the Projects Coordination Unit (PCU) of the Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education
Loan/Financing: IDB Loan GM-0070 / KFAED Loan No.810 / BADEA Loan 00074
& OFID Loan 1373P
NCB Reference No.: IDB/BADEA/KFAED/OFID/NCB/GS/2022/01- Lots 1, 2 and 3
1. The Government of the Republic of the Gambia has received financing from the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development (KFAED), the Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA) and OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) toward the cost of the Development of the University of the Gambia Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Procurement of Furniture, House Appliances, ICT and Laboratory Equipment with Related Services for the University of The Gambia Faraba Banta Campus in three (3) separate Lots
2. The Projects Coordinating Unit (PCU) of MoBSE (the Implementing Agency) representing MoHERST (the Executing Agency) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Procurement of Furniture, House Appliances - ICTs and Laboratory Equipment with Related Services for the University of The Gambia Faraba Banta Campus in three (3) separate Lots
3. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) limited to IsDB and other Funding Partners member countries (NCB/MC) and the procedures as specified in the Funding Partner’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and related services under Islamic Development Bank Project Financing- Version of April 2019, (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.18 -21 setting forth IsDB’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from The Project Manager, PCU MoBSE, Willy Thorpe Place Building, Banjul, The Gambia, Telephone (220) 4228522, Facsimile (220) 4225066, Email address email@example.com and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 8.00 a.m. to 16.00 p.m (GMT) Mondays to Thursdays and 08:00am to 12:30 p.m (GMT) Fridays.
5. A complete set of the bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable of GMD7,500.00 (equivalent to US$150) per Lot, the method of payment will be Cash. The document can be collected at the place of purchase.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before Tuesday 30th August, 2022 at 12 Noon (GMT]. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on Tuesday 30thAugust 2022 at 12.30 pm (GMT).
7. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security amount as indicated hereunder:
Lot-1: Furniture: GMD 3.00 Millions
Lot-2: House appliances and ICTs: GMD 2.00 Millions
Lot-3: Laboratory Equipment: GMD 3.00 Millions
or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency for each Lot. The Bid Security format shall be the same as presented in the Bidding Document and must be from a reputable Bank or financial institution with a corresponding Bank in the country if the bidder is from outside the country (Gambia).
8. The address referred to above is:
Address: Projects Coordination Unit
Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education,
Willy Thorpe Place Building, Banjul, The Gambia
Floor/ Room number: First floor
Country: The Gambia
Web site: www.edugambia.gm